I love to design and create things.
Megan Butzin - Graphic Designer
From rural Minnesota. I enjoy exploring the outdoors and raising a family of two children and a pup together with my husband.
Fun Questions and Answers About Me:
– Favorite travel spot? Somewhere lake or beach side or hiking trails are fun depends on the mood.
– How do you define success? Doing something you enjoy.
– Top three life highlights: Being with my husband, My babies being born, Hanging out with friends and family.
– What are three career lessons you’ve learned thus far? Cover your expenses, Be yourself, and Be honest.
– What do you like to do in your spare time? Art stuff and spending time with my family and friends.
– What do you like to do on your days off? Try to sleep in and be lazy, it doesn't happen very often.
– What does a typical day look like for you? Get ready, work my day job and sometimes do freelance work, be with my children and husband, maybe watch a little bit of tv.
– What else do you do for fun? Hike and take photos outside, play with my kids or watch them play.
– What is the first concert you attended? Depeche Mode with Poe opening.
– What is the most important thing you have learned in the last five years? Take care of yourself and those close to you.
– What is your favorite number and why? 10, I’ve just always liked it.
– What music is on your iPhone/Android phone? A little bit of everything. :)
– Where would you like to travel to? A lot of places. Germany, Norway, even different states in the US.
– Which one would you want most – flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities? Robot housekeepers.
Graphic Design Work experience
• Duties: Flyer, Senior Portraits, Book Cover artwork, Business Cards, Newspaper Advertisements, Invitations, Programs, Customer Service, CD label Design & Booklet, DVD Label & booklet, social media updates (twitter, facebook), videos weekly basis, disc bound planners & books, gifs (animated graphics), stickers, order forms and a lot more.
Graphic Designer/ Website Administrator
11/2006 - 6/2019
Montevideo Publishing Company
• Duties: Designing newspaper advertisements, pagination of pages, typesetting/formatting of articles, updating of web site daily along with social media posts on twitter and facebook, videos each week, archiving/backing up of newspaper documents/photos, creating forms, some customer service.
Current Gear & Programs
Graphic Design Intern
04/2006 - 07/2006
Prairie’s Edge Casino Resort
• Duties: Create ads for newspapers, business cards, signs, posters, banners, filing papers, update of company web site, in-house printing, brochures, menus, power point presentations, stickers, event tags, table tents, fax covers, post cards, and more.
2101 15 Ave. NW, Willmar, MN
Computer Arts and Publishing
• Courses: Computer Graphics 1 and 2, Desktop Publishing 1 and 2, Printing Processes, Multimedia Presentations, Layout and Design 1 and 2, Basic Photography, Technical Writing, Digital Imaging, Applied Math, PC/Mac, Employment Prep
• Programs worked with: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Streamline, Quark Express, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Typestyler, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
• Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 (App)
• Adobe InDesign CS5.5 (App)
• Adobe Illustrator CS5.1 (App)
• Adobe Premier Pro CS5.5 (App)
• Procreate (App)
• Garage Band (App)
• OBS (App)
• Camera Live (App)
• Reflector 2 (App)
• Webcam Settings (App)
• Cricut Explore Air 2
• Canon Pixma iX6820 Printer
• HD 1080P Webcam
• Canon Digital Rebel T7
• Zoom Ball Photography lens ball
• 11" Adjustable Articulating arm for DSLR
• Epson Perfection V200 Photo Scanner
•RubiCoil Coil Punch & Binding
• Create 365 The Happy Planner Punch
• 3 Hole Standard Punch
• We R Memory Keepers Corner punch 10mm, 7mm, & 4mm sizes
• Mac Mini 2012 Running Mac OS High Sierra
• Ipad 11" 2020
• HP 20X LED Monitor
• Numerous Pens, Markers, paints and etc.
• Sandbagging during Floods
of 97 and 2001
• Clean up with Tornado in
• Fundraising for Relay For
Life in 2011
• Fundraising for St. Jude
Hospital Multiple years for